Entry Requirements for Ghana
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or entry permits, issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- All travelers above nine (9) months coming into or transiting through Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever at least Ten (10) days from the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated, provide evidence (certificate) indicating the duration of a vaccination status of not more than Ten(10) years before entering Ghana.
Conditions for the Issuance of a Visa
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organizations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for a single or multiple entry.
- Visas are valid for a period of three months and must be utilized within three months of the date of issue. Visas valid for up to one year or more, may be granted for specific purposes.
- Visitors traveling on Business are required to furnish evidence of the fact, such as a letter from their firm, while those traveling at the invitation of Ghanaian nationals, permanent residents or Ghanaian institutions, should furnish a letter of invitation from their hosts.
- Visitors may be required to provide a return or a through ticket to a country which they have the right of admission or may be required to show evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of their stay in the country. Emergency visas may be issued at entry points for travelers who arrive from a country where there is no Ghanaian diplomatic or consular representation, but such applications must be authorized by the Director of the Immigration Service, through their sponsors or invitees, before they arrive in Ghana.
- Applications for further extension extensions to visitors' permit must be made to the Director of the Ghana Immigration Service for consideration. Tourists may be allowed a period of stay of three months, if the Ghana Immigration Service is satisfied that such tourists have sufficient means of financial support.
- Persons who enter the country as visitors are not permitted to take up employment even if there happens to be a vacancy on the Immigrant Quota of a prospective employer.
- Applicants on a VISIT to Ghana must provide a letter of invitation from their host in Ghana